Skip to main content

Research Repository

Advanced Search

Survey data on public perceptions towards flying cars and flying taxi services

Eker, Ugur; Fountas, Grigorios; Ahmed, Sheikh Shahriar; Anastasopoulos, Panagiotis Ch.


Ugur Eker

Sheikh Shahriar Ahmed

Panagiotis Ch. Anastasopoulos


An online survey was conducted to evaluate public perceptions towards an emerging transportation technology, namely the flying car, which is expected to join the existing traffic fleet within the following decades. Responses from 692 survey participants were collected. Approximately 84% of the participants were from the United States, and the remaining 16% were from the rest of the world. The data resulting from the survey include several aspects of public perceptions towards flying cars, as for example: willingness to use and pay for flying cars; willingness to use and pay for flying taxi services; perceptions towards potential benefits and concerns arising from the future use of flying cars; perceptions towards considering residence relocation; and perceptions towards potential security measures to improve operational safety of flying cars. In addition, information relating to several dimensions of driving and travel behaviours and habits, and socio-demographic information of the participants were also collected. The dataset can be used as a baseline to design future surveys on Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) and flying cars, and to compare consumer perceptions across different regions and during different time periods.

Journal Article Type Article
Acceptance Date Feb 16, 2022
Online Publication Date Feb 22, 2022
Publication Date 2022-04
Deposit Date Mar 3, 2022
Publicly Available Date Mar 3, 2022
Journal Data in Brief
Print ISSN 2352-3409
Publisher Elsevier
Peer Reviewed Peer Reviewed
Volume 41
Article Number 107981
Keywords Flying car, Flying taxi, Urban air mobility, Advanced air mobility, Public perception, Willingness to use, Willingness to pay
Public URL


You might also like

Downloadable Citations